this prowl packs growl

da hora

Monday, May 3, 2010

Felix James

My sister is in the midst of giving birth. As I wait for the phone call that confirms my nephews entrance into this world, Jess and I sit on my mom's back porch. The sun is bright, and a small black cat with wondrous green eyes lies between us. My home town smells of spring and the sounds of mowers and slowly passing cars fill our ears as we turn the pages of our books. We wait. This day is simple, and yet this profound anticipation fills every moment silently. We've done nothing, but I'll always be able to recall for this little guy every detail of what the day he came to be was like. Come quick little one. You wouldn't believe how many people love you already. We can feel you in the quiet breeze.
And we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment